In Uncategorized

Australian tourists entering Chile through Santiago International Airport are required to pay a “reciprocity fee”. Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Chile, or the Santiago Airport on +56 2 2690 1063, for up to date information on fees.

Visas are required for work permits, study and for Australian diplomatic and official passport holders and must be arranged prior to arrival in Chile from your nearest Embassy or Consulate of Chile.

On entry to Chile, a Tourist Card will be issued for a stay of up to 90 days. An extension can be applied for at the Chilean Immigration Office located at San Antonio 580, Santiago; telephone (56 2) 2550 2469. The Tourist Card must be surrendered upon departure. If lost or stolen, a replacement Tourist Card can be obtained at any PDI Office (International Police) or at Santiago’s international airport.

If you are travelling to Chile through the United States of America, or if you are transiting Honolulu or another US point of entry, you are required to meet US entry/transit requirements. Make sure you check your visa requirements with the nearest US Embassy or Consulate well in advance of your travel. You should also read our travel advice for the United States of America.

Make sure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to Australia.

Australians who overstay their visa will not be allowed to leave Chile until they have regularised their situation with Chilean migration authorities. This can only be done at the Migration Department of the Ministry of the Interior and Public Security. If you arrive at the Santiago International Airport, or another departure point with an expired visa, you will not be allowed to board your flight.

As visa and other entry and exit conditions (such as currency, customs and quarantine regulations) can change at short notice, contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Chile for the most up to date information.

Recommended Posts
Hello 👋🏻
Can we help you?
Powered by